Search Engine Marketing
The goal of search engine marketing is to provide you with paid option to display and advertise your business or services on the first page of search results for the keywords your customers are searching for.
What is Search engine marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM), is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily through paid advertising. Generally Pay Per Click (PPC) ads. Examples include:
- ▪ Pay Per Click google adwords
- ▪ Pay Per Lead Marketing
- ▪ PPC Facebook advertising
- ▪ Cost Per Action Marketing
PPC stands for pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically. Search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC.
When to use paid search advertising
- ▪ Typically, when immediate results are desired, PPC
can deliver results faster than organic SEO.
- ▪ When highly targeted traffic is sought
- ▪ When promoting a time sensative offer.
- ▪ When your websites SEO isn’t set-up very well.
- Pros: Immediate placement – Quick short term results
- Cons: Could get outbid or lose your placement – expensive – Not building your long-term overall brand – Once you stop paying you lose your placement.
Here are five reasons why PPC marketing is worthwhile:
1. You only pay when an interested person clicks.
2. You set your budget to control costs.
3. You can reach your target consumer at the right time with the right ad.
4. Unlike organic search, PPC can show results very quickly.
5. PPC data can inform your other marketing channels.